||Mr. Jitendra Singh
- Pursuing PhD from Department of Mass Communication, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh on the Topic: “Advent of New Media & the Response of Print Media: A Study of Content & Layout of mainstream newspapers”.
- UGC NET qualified in 2012
- M.Phil, in Mass Communication from AMU Aligarh in 2012
- Master’s in Journalism and Mass Communication, AMU, Aligarh in 2003
- B.Sc (Hons) in Geology, AMU, Aligarh 2001
|Total Years of Work Experience
||TV & Film Production, News Reporting, Editing, New Media, Broadcast Journalism, Media Research
||The research paper titled
- “Trends in Prime Time News: A study of selected News Channels in India”, was published in Journal of Content Community & Communication published by Amity University, MP, ISBN no: 2395-7514(A UGC notified journal).
- Paper Titled: ”Clash of Ideologies on Social Media? A Study of Twitter Trends on Gauri Lankesh Murder”, published in Indian Journal of Communication Review by Aligarh Muslim University ISSN No: 2454-9339 (A UGC notified journal).
- Paper Titled:” Social Media & Activism: A Study of Stop Acid Attack Campaign” selected for publication in Journal of Communication published by Rajasthan University
|Conferences, Seminars & Workshops
- Presented a Research Paper Titled “ Role of Social Media and its implication on Public Sphere ” at International Conference on Social Media and Governance organised at Invertis University, Bareilly in April 2017.
- Presented a Research Paper Titled “ Social Media and Activism- A Study of Stop Acid Attack Campaign” at International Conference on Media and Governance organised at Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad in March 2017.
- Presented a Research Paper Titled ” Impact of the Swachchha Bharat Campaign: Revisiting the Public perception in India” at International Conference on Media and Sustainable Development organised at Aligarh Muslim University, in March 2017.
- Presented a research paper titled: ”Trends in Prime Time News: A study of selected News Channels in India”, at National Seminar on the “Role of Media in Nation Building” organised by Amity School of Communication, Amity University, MP on 27th March 2015.
- Presented a Research paper on the Impact of New Media on youth at International Conference on Civic Challenges, Democracy & Media organised by Mangalayatan University in February 2012.
- Presented a Research Paper at UGC Sponsored National Seminar organised by Mahamana Madan Mohan Malviya Hindi Patrakarita Sansthan, Kashi Vidyapeeth, Banaras.
- Presented a Research Paper at a National Seminar on Literature Society & Media organised by Baikunthi Devi College, Agra.
- Attended a meeting as an external expert to frame guidelines for the production of science news and programs for DD & Rajya Sabha TV at Vigyan Prasar, Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- Attended a Round Table Conference in Delhi as a youth leader to discuss on Policy & Plan of Action for BRICS Summit held at Ufa in Russia, organised by The Russian Centre of Science & Culture and BRICS International Forum.
- Attended a 7 Days Workshop on Research Methodology organised by AMU for Social Science & Humanities from 21-27 Dec 2016.
- Organised and attended a 2 Day Workshop on New Trends for Vernacular Journalists by British High Commission New Delhi & AMU in December 2016.
- Organised and attended a 2 Day Workshop on New Trends in Journalism by British High Commission New Delhi & AMU in February 2017.
- Attended a 5 Days workshop on Science Film Making during Rashtriya Vigyan Chalchitra Mela organised by Vigyan Prasar, Deptt of Science & Technology, GOI in Feb 2017.
- Paper Titled: “From TV To online TV Shifting priorities of Media Access Among
- youths in Jaipur” presented during National Conference on FACT FICTION & FAKE at SGT University September 2018.
- Attended a 9 Days IT Champions Training program- SAKSHAM, a joint venture of MHRD, GOI and Microsoft.
|Awards & Recognition
- Award of Appreciation for my film “Efficacy of CATS Program-A Peoples Movement” which was selected among the top 7 documentary films under the category of Development during Prakrati Film Festival organised by Consortium for Educational Communication (UGC) at NITTR Chandigarh from 28-30 Dec 2016.
- Awarded with Consolation Prize at Aligarh Ratna Award 2015 for my contribution in educational development by District Administration and Sri Mohan Lal Gautam Memorial Trust.
- Received Consolation Prize at Rashtriya Vigyan Chalchitra Mela organised by Vigyan Prasar Govt. Of India, for a short film on science (Need of New Drugs for TB)
- Received an award for Best Voice Over for the film Tabassum during a Film Festival organised by Noida International University.
- Received Award for Best Documentary (Tabassum) at Youth Spirit an Indo Russian Film Festival organised by Russian Centre of Science & Culture, New Delhi.
- Best Documentary Film Award (Tabassum) at Film Saaz, 5th National Film Festival organised by University Film Club, AMU.
- Also received the Award for the Best Documentary Film at Creative Cut Film Fest on women issues, organised by Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad.
- Award for the IInd Best Documentary Film (Film- Nishan, on the life of an acid attack victim Shonali Mukherji) at Creative Cut II Film Fest on women issues, organised by Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad in 2013.
||Selected for a delegation of about 8 people from India to visit Moscow and other cities under the most prestigious ‘Generation Next’ Program for a young foreign artist, journalist and filmmakers from 18th August to 28th August 2013. The cultural exchange program was sponsored and hosted by the Russian government.