A well-known face of Indian television Dr. Mukesh Kumar has almost 30 years’ experience in media which includes 23 years in electronic media. He is one and only person in India who has launched 7 news channels. The channels are Sahara, S1, VOI-MP&CG and VOI-Rajasthan, Maurya TV, News Express and India Watch.
Dr. Mukesh has hosted many shows for various news channels. Among his most popular shows are Rajneeti, Shatranj Ke Khiladi, Baat Bolegi, Kahi-Ankahi, Sammukh, and Aapki Baithak. He was also host of very popular breakfast show called Subah Savere on national network of Doordarshan. He has produced/directed several documentaries and a Tele film called KANTHA based on Bhairav Prasad Gupt’s short story Gatti Bhagat. He also played a role in KANTHA.
Prof. Mukesh has earned his Ph.D. in Media from Lucknow University. He did research work for John Hopkins University, USA.
He started his TV career as Editorial Chief for weekly magazine called PARAKH produced by well-known anchor Mr. Vinod Dua. Later he worked for APCA and Moving Picture Company where he associated with several programs like First Edition, Second Edition, Filhal, Kahi Ankahi, India this Week and Subah Savere as correspondent, producer, anchor and bureau chief. Some of the well-known books authored by him are: TRP, TV News and Media, TELEVISION KI KAHANI AND KHABRE VISTAR SE and CHANELO KE CHEHRE. A collection of poetry Sadho Jag Baurana, Media Manthan, Media Trial and Nindak Niyre Rakhiye.
- TRP, TV News and Media.
- Writing a Series on TV journalism. First two books of the series are all ready published from Rajkamal Prakashan. The Titles of the books are-TELEVISION KI KAHANI AND KHABRE VISTAR SE and CHANELO KE CHEHRE.
- Lahooluhan Afghanistan- English to Hindi translation of “Afghanistan Buzkashi” by well known defense expert Shreedhar and journalist Mahesh Vaidya.
- Bharat ki Aatma- English to Hindi translation of “Genius of India” by the French writer Guy Sorman.
- Dasta Ke Barah Baras, Hindi translation of Twelve Years a Slave.
- A collection of writings on Television news and programs is under publication.
- A collection of poetry Sadho Jag Baurana published recently.
- Three books Media Manthan, Media Trial and Nindak Niyre Rakhiye are under publication.
- TRP TV NEWS AUR BAZAAR, Vani Prakashan .
- First three books of the 13 parts series on TV Journalism are published from Rajkamal Prakashan. The Titles of the books are-TELEVISION KI KAHANI, KHABRE VISTAR SE and CHANELO KE CHEHRE.
- KASAUTI PAR MEDIA, Rajkamal Prakashan
- LAHOOLUHAN AFGHANISTAN English to Hindi translation of “Afghanistan Buzkashi” by well known defense expert Shreedhar and journalist Mahendra Vaidya, Rajkamal Prakashan
- BHARAT KI ATMA– English to Hindi translation of “Genius of India” by the French writer Guy Sorman, Rajkamal Prakashan
- DASTA KE BARAH BARAS, Hindi translation of Twelve Years a Slave, Gyanpeeth Prakashan.
- A collection of poetry SADHO JAG BAURANA, Rajjamal Prakashan
- FAKE ENCOUNTER, Shivna Prakashan.
- Three books MEDIA MANTHAN, MEDIA TRIAL and NINDAK NIYARE RAKHIYE are under publication.